Helpful Hints for "Team Mom" or "Team Organizer"
Here are a few tips and information needed to help you get thru the season. The basic idea is to help the coaches in any way possible so they can focus on teaching the game of baseball.
• Basic Information: A "team organizer" or "team mom" is a great way to get involved in the league! You will play a crucial role in turning a group of kids into an actual TEAM. Keeping the team organized will go a long way with the kids learning to love baseball, (practices, snacks ...). You will have access to our rosters, schedules, etc. on this website containing all team players, parents, phone numbers, and email addresses. This website will help notify the team of games, practices & urgent information; and help you make sure all your team parents stay informed. Encourage all players and families to register on our website: www.bryannationallittleleague.com.
• Uniforms: You will need to pass out uniforms when they arrive.
As soon as uniforms are ready, each team will be contacted with the time and location to pick them up. Please be patient. We cannot control how fast the vendor completes the order. You will be promptly informed as soon as they do come in.
• Opening Day: Opening Ceremonies are scheduled for March 30. We will start the ceremony at 11am at Bob Bond Park.
- Pictures will be taken prior to opening ceremonies. Order forms are included in your folders at the Team Mom meeting. Each parent should bring their order form and payment to give to the photographer. Additional forms will be available the day of pictures/opening ceremonies. Picture schedules will be given to Team Moms - late pictures can be taken between [[TBA]].
• Family Team Shirts: Family team shirts and caps can be ordered online @ [[TBA]].
• Scorekeeping: The official book is always kept by the Home Team. Team parent can keep score or organize other parents to do the job. However, it is a good idea to keep score for each game you play whether you are Home or Visitor. This also helps the coach throughout the season on knowing who needs work in what areas. Scorebooks will be provided by the league.
•Pitch Count: Sr. Minor age and older baseball teams must log pitches on the website.
•Dugouts: It is the responsibility if each team to clean out the dugout before and after each game (trash, cups, bottles, equipment, etc.). We ask you to remind parents to please help with the trash in the stands and ballpark in general. This is something team players can help do. After all, this is THEIR Field!!
•Rain Outs: Make sure that everyone is aware to NEVER ASSUME a game is rained out. There will be penalties to a team that doesn't show up for a game. The field conditions will be posted on the website on days of bad weather at 5:00 p.m. and emails will go out if there is a cancelation.
•Post-Game: Popsicles will be provided for players after games - Team Moms should come to the concession stand to pick up team popsicles at the end of the game. You are asked to tell players to not wait at the concession stand or in the dugout for popsicles after games. This will alleviate congestion at the concession stand for waiting customers and in the dugout for teams playing the next game. Please note, if the visiting team is from another league, it is the home teams responsibility to provide the popsicles for that team.